As a cabin crew, your face is the first thing that passengers see when they approach you, so getting perfect and radiant skin must be a daily self-discipline for the crew flying.
Especially while flying in dry environments, skin aging, unlike other organs, is visible. Skin is also directly affected by exposure to the sun (UV irradiation), alcohol, smoking and stress, all these negative factors contributing to the breakdown of collagen and elastin. So by using high-quality skincare products you can avoid skin damage, improving elasticity and firmness drastically. For example, when moving to a hot area like the Middle East, where sand dust particles are everywhere, many cabin crew start complaining about skin problems, getting very sensitive. If this is the case, then make an appointment with a dermatologist, who can recommend the best products suitable for your skin type. Results do not come immediately, so don’t make the mistake of trying too many products, because you can risk the appearance of allergic reactions. An important step you can take in protecting your skin when it’s sunny is to use a high SPF value sunscreen that can minimize the sunray damages. Blame not only the passing of time but also the sun for your visible wrinkles. So it’s never too early to apply sunscreen on your face, neck, and hands. Some simple steps anyone can take, in order to have flawless, glowing skin, are the following:
- Sleep well the night/day before any flight. This sets your body clock on a good track, especially when changing time zones.
- Exercise regularly and eat a well-balanced diet low in carbohydrates and proteins; also take vitamins or any other products containing vitamin C and collagen. Pile up fresh vegetables, fruits, and fiber-rich foods. To help your body cope with pressure changes at high altitude, avoid salty food and heavy meals like fatty red meat.
- Stay hydrated in order to maintain your skin healthily and soft. When on duty and even before, avoid alcohol and soft drinks; drink plenty of still water and fresh fruit juice; don’t drink too much tea and coffee, because they act as natural diuretics. I remember that each crew member used to mark their 2l bottles of water, in order to make sure that they stay hydrated during the flight.
- Use good quality makeup products. Read the ingredients label and test out the products if possible.
- Always remove makeup before (crew) rest and keep your skin clean; also moisturize your skin after waking up, but this before applying any makeup products. I remember carrying an eye cream all the time in my apron pocket and applying it every time before take-off, just to prevent puffy eyes. I also used to have a nourishing hand cream in my handbag, along with an Evian facial spray for refreshing, especially during the ground time in hot climates. To counteract the drying effects in the aircraft crew rest area, I used to take a soaking towel and my favorite lip balm to moisturize my lips too.
- Get a facial massage and spa as often as possible in order to have a firm skin.
- Never forget that perfect skin puts a smile on your face and a smile on your face will always make you look more beautiful in your guests’ eyes.
Cristina Tudor, a former colleague of mine from Qatar Airways, a good friend, cabin crew, mother, woman, entrepreneur and Brand Ambassador at the present, also advises everyone to take care of their body as it is the only place where you will have to live for the rest of your life. “Being an ex-flight attendant, I can understand how important it is to take care of your skin. Our skin is the largest organ of our body and the most exposed one, so in order for us to have bright radiant skin, we must keep it as healthy as possible. It is also very well-known that lack of sleep, fatigue, stress, UVA/UVB solar shades, processed food that we consume daily, and other factors, internal and external, can age our body, especially our skin prematurely. I can fully understand the concept of anti-aging, which is now the new trend. For years I have been thinking that if I clean my skin with a well-known branded cleanser and apply a day cream in the morning and a night cream in the evening before bedtime that would solve my aging process. I can fully disagree with that now!!! In time I understood that we must be very careful with what we apply on our skin, simply because it goes inside our body causing damage not only to our skin but also to our body equilibrium. So I can only recommend all of you to go back to basics and understand that our body needs protection no matter where we are, no matter the time and no matter how the weather is. This being said, I want to make a pertinent recommendation coming from a former cabin crew, living my life up in the sky for a few years: make sure that you take care of your body! How can you do that? It’s simple! Use high-quality products, take food supplements to replenish your internal needs and try to get as much sleep as possible. By doing all these, not only that you will do well for yourself, but your skin will also thank you.
I would also recommend the usage of the following products: LUMINESCE™ by Jeunesse. The Anti-aging skincare line restores youthful vitality and radiance to your skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reveals your unique glow. Infused with a potent growth factor complex, derived from natural adult stem cells, these products rejuvenates skin cells at a molecular level. The power behind LUMINESCE™ has remarkable results and its APT 200+ growth factor complex is what you can experience. New cell production is stimulated, resulting in increased collagen and elastin for firmer skin tone, giving your complexion a fuller appearance with a healthy, vibrant glow. Using LUMINESCE™, skin looks younger, because at the cellular level it is literally younger.
We are both using all these products and we can confirm that LUMINESCE youth restoring cleanser is a product you can start your beauty routine with, by washing away the stress of daily life. This special blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids exfoliates and sweeps away skin-cell buildup so your skin is fresh and ready to absorb the maximum benefits of the Luminesce® skincare line. LUMINESCE™ cellular rejuvenation serum brings a luminous glow to your skin. Dermatologist-developed, this must-have serum helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles to restore your skin’s youthful radiance. LUMINESCE™ daily moisturizing complex protects your radiant glow all day long, every day. This lightweight facial lotion protects and moisturizes with fruit and legume extracts to keep skin looking vibrant and beautiful. LUMINESCE™ advanced night repair replenishes and restores your skin while you sleep. It is formulated with antioxidants and hydrating ingredients. This moisturizing night cream restores luminosity while reducing the appearance of fine dehydration lines for a more youthful-looking appearance. You will wake up looking rested and refreshed. LUMINESCE ultimate lifting masque will give you a spa-level treatment with this nourishing, lifting masque. Uniquely formulated, this masque peels away old, dead skin to reveal a more smooth, firm and youthful-looking appearance. LUMINESCE™ essential body renewal moisturizes your skin with this luxe body lotion. This lightweight formula, enriched with fruit and legume extracts, provides long-lasting hydration and rejuvenation. It’s a non-greasy moisturizer that helps maintain your youthful radiance from head to toe.” If we managed to have your full attention on how important it is to look after your body and skin, then make yourself a gift, after having read more details about this important subject on https://angelsdiamonds.jeunesseglobal.com/.
We salute all the angels in the sky and wish you all so many happy and safe returns home!